Radiology Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnxietyMonster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm making my 4th year med school schedule and trying to make sure I can get to interviews with ease. Things were a little bit different last year due to COVID, so I'm curious if anyone has any ideas when most interviews will take place for radiology. Am I mostly safe if i have November, December, and January off (or on easy rotations where I can leave) for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I had all my interviews within those three months so you should be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
I would say unless you are applying west coast don’t use vacation for January. Schedule an easy rotation you can get out for a few interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graphed my interview season (years ago):
1615596762767.png

As you can see, there are occasionally interviews in October, more in the first half of November (break for Thanksgiving and then RSNA), more in mid December (post-RSNA and pre-Christmas), and many throughout January (post New Year).

Unlike the poster above, I would say January is prime time for interviews all over the place, not just the west coast. In January I went to the west coast, east coast, and south.

To answer your question, of course taking 3 months off/easy would put you in mostly safe territory.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like you scheduled interviews weirdly. You have a 2+ week gap with nothing.

Edit: and it looks like you applied a while ago, the game has changed with virtual interviews

Reactions: 1 user