This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CES5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Test

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello!

I have recently applied to medical school with a 510 MCAT and 4.0 GPA with extensive research experience (~1500 hours and a few presentations/papers) and a good amount of clinical volunteering (~200 hours). I applied to 19 different schools and so far have only heard back from 3 for II. I am a FL resident and would love to go home but all of those schools have been silent so far).

My question is: when do I count myself out of the game? I haven't gotten any rejections from any of the schools I applied to BUT I also haven't heard any updates. Any imput would be helpful!

These are the schools I applied to:
Georgetown (II)
U of SC SOM (II)
U of SC SOM Greenville (II)
ALL FLORIDA MD PROGRAMS
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginia Tech
University of Virginia
Baylor
George Washington
Tulane

Please let me know any and all thoughts! I'm kind of thinking that if I don't hear an II before Thanksgiving I can count that as an R. Is that correct?
Why are you "worried"? You have 3 II. Are you worried about a particular program, such as a top choice you haven't heard from? In that case, I'd say you should count it as an R once they send you a rejection.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Thumbs down for misleading title. You have heard back from 3 schools. This isn't radio silence. Relax and wait.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
100% applicants apply (50,000 applicants for 20,000 spots)
60% get rejected
10% get single interview, single acceptance
10% get multiple interviews, single acceptance
20% get multiple interviews, multiple acceptance

800,000+ individual applications are transmitted to 150+ medical schools
each school gets 5,000-10,000-15,000 applications but can only process several hundred a week
it can take 3-4 months to have an application fully evaluated and reviewed
each school has on average 1000 interview slots, therefore at least 80% of applications are rejected prior to II
So, there are overall about 150,000 interview slots for 800,000 applications

You have three II.
You may not get anymore
Get over it

Reactions: 6 users
Your neuroticism is showing.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.