Position Available Radiation Oncology Open Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peterzhu

Reaction score
The NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (NYPBMH) Radiation Oncology Residency Training Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We offer four years of post-graduate training in the specialty of radiation oncology following completion of a year of training in an ACGME-accredited medical, surgical, or transitional year internship.
We are recently approved for one additional PGY-2 position starting July, 2022. Qualifying residents must have completed a year of training in an ACGME-accredited medical, surgical, or transitional year internship by Jun, 2022. Previous clinical or research experiences in radiation oncology are preferred, but not required. Interested applicants may apply through ERAS/NRMP System.
Contact info:
Silvia Gonzalez
[email protected]
718-780-3677

Members don't see this ad.

How competitive is this program in terms of usmle scores? will they consider anyone with attempt in usmle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very interested in the position and would like to learn more please feel free to DM me!

A little about me

I have an assault conviction from med school but I've been taking court ordered anger management classes and I think she realizes now it was her fault all along.

In the interest of being transparent, I wanted to let you know I did have some trouble as an intern just in case you know you happen to check my references or delve into my past. But let me just say in my defense, I'm perfectly able to manage a vent without a respiratory therapist breathing down my neck and crowing about how im "hurting the patient". The patient may or may not have developed a tension pneumo but I blame the manufacturer rather than my perfect management skills. Always so quick to blame the doctor in these big health systems...I'm sure you can relate.

My USMLE score is a 219 but in all honesty the test is racist and I think everyone knows it. In a way I didn't almost fail the USMLE. I view it as the USMLE simply almost failed to capture my charm, wit, and unparalleled genius.

In terms of research and publications, I have none but I see myself as a world class researcher especially in rad onc. I view research as an opportunity to forcefully make my point regardless of the facts presented. Also, I am VERY willing to fudge data for noninferiority studies or retrospective reviews I mean whatever you need. Little to no ethical qualms in that department.

Mentoring comes naturally to me. If you need me to gaslight a couple of students into wasting their time in the dept for a semester or just convince them to be a part of the magnificent specialty that is RO for 4 years and never find employment to pay off their debts then I am your guy!

Promoting physician wellness...check. I already have some ideas for how we can promote it. First of all, Thank god your dept is on a low floor because I could definitely see some attempted suicides once the residents see the realities of practicing and the lack of prospects start to really hit home for the trainees. Anyway, I propose having the NYFD with a large inflatable safety air cushion stationed permanently on the side walk of your institution to save these precious minds so they can continue to save lives. By the way, you're welcome. Alright that one is a freebie, if you want more you're gonna have to make an offer ; ).

My sense of humor is something I am particularly proud of. Just wait until you hear my "The Aristocrats" joke, trust me it will leave you in stitches!

NYC would be ideal for me because I'm looking for a special lady to settle down with and who better than a doctor right? I mean in a city that characterized mostly by its douchey finance scene. I would be a refreshing bleeding heart that women will simply gravitate towards. The more people the higher the chances am I right?

I'm very persistent and I don't take no for an answer...because of the implication. If I sense resistance, I just push through. My father always said don't let someone's resistance get in the way of something you want (Thanks dad!).

I would most definitely be an indispensable asset to your program and I think you could learn a thing or two from me. Perhaps you could teach me something too. File me under going fast! Look forward to hearing from you!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
The NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (NYPBMH) Radiation Oncology Residency Training Program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We offer four years of post-graduate training in the specialty of radiation oncology following completion of a year of training in an ACGME-accredited medical, surgical, or transitional year internship.
We are recently approved for one additional PGY-2 position starting July, 2022. Qualifying residents must have completed a year of training in an ACGME-accredited medical, surgical, or transitional year internship by Jun, 2022. Previous clinical or research experiences in radiation oncology are preferred, but not required. Interested applicants may apply through ERAS/NRMP System.
Contact info:
Silvia Gonzalez
[email protected]
718-780-3677
Contact info:
Silvia Gonzalez
[email protected]
718-780-3677
Hello, is this position still open?