Rad Residency after IM Residency from a Univ Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indoamerican

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Let me begin by wishing everyone the very best for their match. I was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions/advice(especially from residents and PDs) regarding the means to increasing your prospects to getting into a Radiology Residency after doing an IM Residency from an American Univ program. I do understand that Rad is a very very competitive speciality to get into,especially for an IMG, however, I am very keen to do so.
It definitely does sound like a long route-I guess being an IMG, you need to really prove that you are keen about it and you are upto it. How realistic is it to pursue the idea of a getting into a Rad residency following an IM residency. I will be starting my Categorical IM residency in a University program in July, 2006 and I plan to work as hard as possible during the Residency to build my credentials for the Radiology Residency application. I intend to do some Radiology Research and indulge with the Radiology department as much as possible. Apart from these, what else can I do to prove my worth.
I would be very grateful to anyone who can give me some suggestions and espeically if a PD can do so.
Looking forward for a reply.Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.