Quoted: financial Question

Doodledog

Escape artist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been thinking to apply to med school for some time, but I have a issue with my financial. My question is I had to declare bankruptcy last year ( I was involved to car accident ( kind of hit and run), while I was in grad student for engineering. and It took almost a year to walk again!!! By this time, I couldn't work offcourse).

So do Adcom really care about financial background? Even if they dont, and let say I got acceptance from a med school, do I have any chance to get financial aid or Loan???

any advice or similar situation ?????

I would need to defer to the more financial minded experts here about your ability to get loans. I do know that at our school, there is no discussion at all of financial issues in deciding who to accept and I am certain that it is not considered at all. I can't say for sure that it is not considered anywhere though. After all, there is no legal reason a private school couldn't give some preference to an otherwise qualified applicant who agreed to fund a new $50 million dollar building for the school. But, I doubt that comes up often.

Members don't see this ad.