Quick Welcome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to welcome everyone to this forum, I am the "new" moderator, and currently I am a transitional intern in Brooklyn, who recently matched into urology and will be moving to Chicago starting June '06 for 5 years in the corn-fed land of the midwest.
I know there are other "urology" based websites and stuff....but SDN has been helpful to me since before I was even a medical student, and 6 years later I am still active on here..

So....lets have fun...and see what we can get going....

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you...thank you...thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Yosh said:
Thank you...thank you...thank you

Congratulations on matching...

But you're gonna be leaving home again !!! :(

I will be leaving again...but for a coveted urology spot...God knows I have moved for lesser reasons...

I've known Yosh for 6+ years - and he really has moved for less, I won't say what though ;)

You're a great mod Yosh, they'll be glad to have ya hon :)

Yosh said:
Just wanted to welcome everyone to this forum, I am the "new" moderator, and currently I am a transitional intern in Brooklyn, who recently matched into urology and will be moving to Chicago starting June '06 for 5 years in the corn-fed land of the midwest.
I know there are other "urology" based websites and stuff....but SDN has been helpful to me since before I was even a medical student, and 6 years later I am still active on here..

So....lets have fun...and see what we can get going....

Hey Yosh,

I am a third year at PCOM and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on how to obain a urology residency. I have taken and passed the comlex and also the usmle. I don't know what a competitive score is on the comlex for urology though. Also, are any of the programs tracked so that the first year includes the internship year. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks.

Poety....

Thanks for the kind words...its kinda odd that we have been friends since before both of us started medical school..and we are both done...and still haven't been able to meet up...

Hmm...one day I tell you....one day

Hey, you can go to urologymatch.com and you can find on that website what the competitive scores for everything is in terms of matching in urology... Im just a junior in highschool interested in urology as well and was just researching urology and ran across all that... hope that helps...

toogood1 said:
Hey Yosh,

I am a third year at PCOM and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on how to obain a urology residency. I have taken and passed the comlex and also the usmle. I don't know what a competitive score is on the comlex for urology though. Also, are any of the programs tracked so that the first year includes the internship year. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks.

Bump.

Yes I'd be interested to know more about DO urology programs as well. It seems like there is very little information online. So I understand that DO programs are not linked, and you'd have to do transitional year first. Isn't that a big risk to take then? Like if I had a good chance to match into Gen. Surg, but decided to go into transitional just for the chance to match in Urology, not knowing if it'd happen or not. And if I don't match Urology, what are the chances coming from transitional year going into something that could have been mine before transitional but are probably taken?

Yosh, I'd appreciate it and I bet many other DO students would too, if you could just share with us how one could match into a DO Urology program. The more detailed the more better :) like...recommended rotations, scores...etc

Yosh said:
Poety....

Thanks for the kind words...its kinda odd that we have been friends since before both of us started medical school..and we are both done...and still haven't been able to meet up...

Hmm...one day I tell you....one day

shyeah right= don't you know I'm actually a figment of your imagination? :laugh:

One day, whats scarier is that we've been in the same geo location and STILL haven't met up! ahhh, such is life :oops: