This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

multiwell

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker on these forums.

-I was just wondering where secondaries get sent to. Is it just our email that we used for AMCAS? I haven't been sent any emails from any schools or anything, I believe I clicked do not advertise to me on my MCAT.
-When are secondaries getting sent out this year? I'm starting to get kind of paranoid cause I haven't been sent any yet (I was verified on like the 14th)
-Finally, when should I send LOR's? I have all of them in on AMCAS so should I send them now or after I receive my secondaries?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) They are sent to the email that you provided in your AMCAS file
2) AMCAS is transmitted on June 30th. You should start to receive secondaries from school the early first week of July.
3) Send them now, there is no benefit of waiting. They (most likely) won't be looked at until you submit the secondary app for the respective school.

Members don't see this ad :)

-I was just wondering where secondaries get sent to. Is it just our email that we used for AMCAS? I haven't been sent any emails from any schools or anything, I believe I clicked do not advertise to me on my MCAT.
-When are secondaries getting sent out this year? I'm starting to get kind of paranoid cause I haven't been sent any yet (I was verified on like the 14th)
-Finally, when should I send LOR's? I have all of them in on AMCAS so should I send them now or after I receive my secondaries?

Thanks!
1. Secondaries get sent to whatever email you used for AMCAS.

2. When each secondary gets sent out depends on a number of things: when you were verified, your stats, etc.

3. If you haven't assigned letters to schools yet, I would go ahead and do so now. Letters, once assigned, are sent to schools automatically.

If anyone else has anything to add feel free to do so.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if we should expect to receive any secondaries over this weekend (assuming we are verified already of course)? Will schools wait until Monday?

Also - how quickly should the turnaround be? I've heard we should aim for anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks. Does this sound reasonable?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted AMCAS app 6/24, not verified yet, and I just got my first secondary. Some schools clearly send them with zero prescreening, just with the knowledge that you applied - and AMCAS lets schools know that you applied today.

I was verified on the 19th have have received secondaries from the following schools so far:
  • UCSD
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • UMiami
As for the turnaround, usually people will say within 2 weeks, and earlier if possible but not at the expense of quality.
Does anyone know if we should expect to receive any secondaries over this weekend (assuming we are verified already of course)? Will schools wait until Monday?

Also - how quickly should the turnaround be? I've heard we should aim for anywhere between 2 days and 2 weeks. Does this sound reasonable?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was verified on the 19th have have received secondaries from the following schools so far:
  • UCSD
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • UMiami
As for the turnaround, usually people will say within 2 weeks, and earlier if possible but not at the expense of quality.

Also verified on the 19th...have not yet received any secondaries, and I've applied to 2/3 you've listed. Having neurotic pre-med heart palpitations...

Reactions: 1 user
  • UCSD
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • UMiami

Did you get an actual secondary from UCSD, or an e-mail notifying you they were screening for secondaries?

Calm yourself @tiramisucheese! They weren't the actual secondaries, but more along the lines of what @lexington251 and @DrivenAndDangerous said, an email notifying me that they were screening. However, Rosalind's was an actual secondary with a link to the portal.

...didn't know they required CASPer though, so F that.

Doing better after getting MCW's secondary yesterday ;). Still nothing from RF, but another friend also didn't receive anything, so clearly things are happening in batches. I wish CASPer was negotiable for me. My only in-state public school requires it, so...