Quick bio Question-on real dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

last time I posted a similar question regarding interleukin 1 and 2, interferon, and virus. This time i think i got the question straighten out...Please help!!!!

*****what does a cell release when infected by a virus? beta inteferon, Interleukin I or II

Members don't see this ad.

xxxTheDonxxx said:
last time I posted a similar question regarding interleukin 1 and 2, interferon, and virus. This time i think i got the question straighten out...Please help!!!!

*****what does a cell release when infected by a virus? beta inteferon, Interleukin I or II

Beta interferon is a form of interferon that is produced by fibroblasts and have antiviral effects. It is an antiviral protein produced by cells that have been invaded by a virus. What it does, it inhibits replication of the virus.
So, it could be this the answer. What do you guys think?

xxxTheDonxxx said:
uhmmm......thinking it's all of the above. Need a solid person in immunology to look at this....

I think that cells release inteferon when they are invaded by a virus. Interluekin-1 is released by Macrophages an then Helper T Cells are induced to release Interleukin-2. Google it.

Members don't see this ad :)
TomT said:
I think that cells release inteferon when they are invaded by a virus. Interluekin-1 is released by Macrophages an then Helper T Cells are induced to release Interleukin-2. Google it.

it does release inteferon... yah..IL 1 and IL2 are released when there are antigens (antigen is a protein or polysaccharides: antigen is Any substance that provokes the immune response when introduced into the body)...so that means viruses are antigens.....i don't know, still pondering and still think it's all of the above...more help needed.

To quote my immunobiology book:

"When a human cell becomes infected with a virus it responds by making cytokines called type I interferons..."

"As almost all types of human cell are susceptible to viral infections, virtually all cells are equipped to make type I interferon and its cell-surface receptor."

"There are many different forms, or isotypes, of type I interferon. Humans have a single form of interferon-beta..."

tinman831 said:
To quote my immunobiology book:

"When a human cell becomes infected with a virus it responds by making cytokines called type I interferons..."

"As almost all types of human cell are susceptible to viral infections, virtually all cells are equipped to make type I interferon and its cell-surface receptor."

"There are many different forms, or isotypes, of type I interferon. Humans have a single form of interferon-beta..."
thanks!