Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know, I hate not knowing how they are going to choose their next AuDs! Honesty, if I were in your shoes, and I knew where I wanted to go I would let them know that! Definitely visit the program so they know your face and name. But, I will tell you to apply several places, at least one or two schools that you feel confident about getting into, even though they may not be your top pick, better safe than sorry!

I think they look at GPA and GRE first because it is the only indicator they have about whether or not someone can be successful in grad school. They don't want someone that may drop out! Even if you know that you want to go into audiology, if you get to grad school and can't hack it you may not stay! They also want to see if you have good time management skills so if you have a decent resume I would definitely send that to your schools even if they don't require it, it may make up for a less then perfect GPA/GRE.

I don't know if SDSU is your top pick, but I think they are a pretty competitive school (its not on my list so I don't really know, but the schools with great weather seem to be competitive!) I don't know what their average GPA/GRE scores are, but I would check on that. I spoke with one of the people on the grad school committee at my school and it sounds like they make "lines" in their applicant pool based on GPA/GRE scores and select from there, top line gets picked first. Yes, this sucks big time, especially for those of us that had lives in college, but thats just the way it is!!!

Members don't see this ad.