questions you remember from the real dat test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
if you remember any question that was in the actual dat test then please post it here. i know you remeber at least 10 questions. i prefer science questions.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

issa said:
hey guys
if you remember any question that was in the actual dat test then please post it here. i know you remeber at least 10 questions. i prefer science questions.

thanks

the reason i am asking because i want to know the difficulty of the questions. in topscore i scored 15 in the first sample test without reviewing. i bought kaplan book and studied and i got 23 in the 2nd topscore sample test. people here are saying the topscore's science part is harder than the real dat, so i would like to see some sample questions from the past tests of the real dat. :)

issa said:
the reason i am asking because i want to know the difficulty of the questions. in topscore i scored 15 in the first sample test without reviewing. i bought kaplan book and studied and i got 23 in the 2nd topscore sample test. people here are saying the topscore's science part is harder than the real dat, so i would like to see some sample questions from the past tests of the real dat. :)

that's great. The rest of us didn't get any sample exam questions so wut makes u so special? And if u already got 23 on the topscore, then go to nearest prometric and take the test. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't be a hater, here's some pointers:

1) What is IFN-gamma:

a) a neuron
b) a cytokine
c) releasing factor
d) gene on X chromosome

2) Know the difference between positive and negative selection in the thymus!

3) What is the Macula densa? And how does it play a key role in regulation of blood pressure?

4) The effect of prostaglandins?

5) Melanocytes and Frogs ---> you should know the connection

6) What is a Reticulocyte?

7) Do you REALLY know what genetic drift is?

8) Life Cycle of Fungi -> know the basics

9) Light Vs Dark ---> Plants!

10) What rxn does cyclooxygenase facilitate? (you should know this)

good luck.......... :luck:

syn_apse said:
i hope you don't get into dental school

What's up with the hating?!

Anyhow, one of the QR questions I rem was, "how many minutes separate June 3, 11:56am to June 5, 1:52pm?"

and for Gen Chem: "What is the opposite of deposition?" (ans: sublimation). Good luck.

Remember the questions are just to give you an idea, try to understand the concepts and how you can apply them.

786mine said:
Anyhow, one of the QR questions I rem was, "how many minutes separate June 3, 11:56am to June 5, 1:52pm?"

WOW! I had a very similar question!

I was also asked something like, calculate how many inches would the distance from X to Y be. If Z is c Feet away from Y, and X is two thirds away from Z.

The answer was an algebraic expression.

The funny part, is that I saw the EXACT same question on the GRE for maths! I bet they have a common test bank!

iambatman said:
WOW! I had a very similar question!

I was also asked something like, calculate how many inches would the distance from X to Y be. If Z is c Feet away from Y, and X is two thirds away from Z.

The answer was an algebraic expression.

The funny part, is that I saw the EXACT same question on the GRE for maths! I bet they have a common test bank!

!!!

Could be, becuase they both are organised by the same testing company - Prometric.

thank you for the replies

are these math questions the same level as the real dat? easier or harder or the same?

1. 60 percent of 40 percent of 300 is equal to which of the following?
(A) 12 percent of 300
(B) 18 percent of 300
(C) 20 percent of 300
(D) 24 percent of 300
(E) 30 percent of 300
2. In a class of 24 students, 9 students scored between 80% and 90% on a test, 3 scored
over 90%, and 4 scored between 70% and 80%. What percentage of students scored
below 70% on the test?
(A) 66%
(B) 50%
(C) 33%
(D) 24%
(E) 13%
3. After a stern memo was circulated at the office, monthly production levels of new
computers went up 25%. If 232 computers a month were being produced before the
memo, how many were being produced a month after the memo?
(A) 240
(B) 258
(C) 290
(D) 312
(E) 348

issa said:
hey guys

thanks

Seriously, giving out actual questions on the test is just cheating. You might get the same questions on the real thing. Why should you get that advantage over everyone who worked their butt off for this test? Let's be fair to everyone.

Usually, the practice tests are very similar to the real test. Just do a lot of practice tests (topscore, barron, kaplan, dat achiever, Ace the DAT), they should tell you about the difficulty of the test already. If you got questions about the DAT, we can answer for you in this forum. But giving out the actual questions is asking a bit too much.

This thread seems to me if someone wants to cut corners and wants to gather a database of actual exam questions, and if this is true, that's just wrong and unethical.

E. coli said:
Seriously, giving out actual questions on the test is just cheating. You might get the same questions on the real thing. Why should you get that advantage over everyone who worked their butt off for this test? Let's be fair to everyone.

Usually, the practice tests are very similar to the real test. Just do a lot of practice tests (topscore, barron, kaplan, dat achiever, Ace the DAT), they should tell you about the difficulty of the test already. If you got questions about the DAT, we can answer for you in this forum. But giving out the actual questions is asking a bit too much.

This thread seems to me if someone wants to cut corners and wants to gather a database of actual exam questions, and if this is true, that's just wrong and unethical.

i'm going to post more pointers :D

- know various (important) steps in signal transduction

- what is a cytokine

- somatostatin

- Eosinophile Vs. Basophile Vs. Neutrophile

PM me if you have any question. I can't think of anymore, but I'll do my best to think.

Members don't see this ad :)
iambatman said:
i'm going to post more pointers :D

- know various (important) steps in signal transduction

- what is a cytokine

- somatostatin

- Eosinophile Vs. Basophile Vs. Neutrophile

PM me if you have any question. I can't think of anymore, but I'll do my best to think.

Jesus christ i read the kaplan book like 3 times for bio and none of that crap your giving pointers on are there. Maybe the signal transduction. I think i'm gonna get like a 12 on the real thing then.

I remember I had a PAT question involving angles and ranking them in order of size. The answer was C. Hope that helps.

Don't forget to memorize the TCA cycle, glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, the entire drosophilia genome, all the bones and muscles of the orangutan, the IR spectrum of advil, Britney Spears's birthsign, the weather in podunk Illinois (yes it actually exists) last Tuesday, the lyrics to Alice's Restaurant (the whole 26 minutes), and all of the seven dwarfs' names. If you get all that I think you'll be OK.

teefRcool said:
Jesus christ i read the kaplan book like 3 times for bio and none of that crap your giving pointers on are there. Maybe the signal transduction. I think i'm gonna get like a 12 on the real thing then.

i am joking about these questions! i thought is was obvious that i was:

i'll be serious now:

THE DAT IS NOT HARD - if you know kaplan + some common sense, you will get at least an 18. If you did kaplan/topscore questions, and scored 17's, then you will probably get 19's. If you reffered to text books and concentrated in your weak areas - you will hit the 20's with no problem. You will do fine!

Sorry for making you panic!

True dat.

It really isn't that bad. I found that Kaplan's practice tests were good practice, but not as difficult as the real DAT. Top score pro's tests were more like the real DAT. You should study real hard, take a full length test and afterwards evaluate what you need to work on. Work on it and take another full length test a week or so later. Re-evaluate yourself and work on that stuff. Take your final practice test a day or two before the real DAT. Eat lots of Salmon, listen to Mozart, and watch the teletubbies the night before. You'll do fine.

oldboy said:
True dat.

It really isn't that bad. I found that Kaplan's practice tests were good practice, but not as difficult as the real DAT. Top score pro's tests were more like the real DAT. You should study real hard, take a full length test and afterwards evaluate what you need to work on. Work on it and take another full length test a week or so later. Re-evaluate yourself and work on that stuff. Take your final practice test a day or two before the real DAT. Eat lots of Salmon, listen to Mozart, and watch the teletubbies the night before. You'll do fine.

lol :laugh: lol

energy is very important! be physically/mentally/emotionally ready!

oldboy said:
True dat.

oldboy said:
True dat.

oldboy said:
True dat.

oldboy said:
True dat.

Obviously, there's a misunderstanding. I'm not sure why I didn't receive the PM. I retract what I previously said.

mybaa said:
And I am all about helping...I put my ace the dat for free on here, and I'll give u ur damn pat exams and ****ing 50 bucks, happy? Give me ur mailing adress and i'll mail it today.

It is true, mybaa did give me access to his acethedat.com account. It got it only two days before my actual DAT, but still its the gesture that counts. I apprecaited it mybaa.

786mine said:
It is true, mybaa did give me access to his acethedat.com account. It got it only two days before my actual DAT, but still its the guesture that counts. I apprecaited it mybaa.

thank u very much 786mine...

I'm sure these questions will show up on the test:

"What... is your name?"
"What... is your quest?"
"What... is your favourite color?"
"What... is the capital of Assyria?"
"What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

Usually the best answers are "Ni" or "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm."

;)