Questions to ask at an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnnaMags

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, now that we've all scheduled our interviews, let's start thinking ahead about them. I know programs always want to know what questions you have for them and about their program. What kinds of things do you plan on asking?

It seems like a lot of my questions are for the residents, but what would be good to ask of the interviewers.

From what it sounds like, guys, we're lucky to be interviewing in peds. It sounds like interviews are pretty laid back and conversational.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this...

Members don't see this ad.

AnnaMags said:
So, now that we've all scheduled our interviews, let's start thinking ahead about them. I know programs always want to know what questions you have for them and about their program. What kinds of things do you plan on asking?

It seems like a lot of my questions are for the residents, but what would be good to ask of the interviewers.

From what it sounds like, guys, we're lucky to be interviewing in peds. It sounds like interviews are pretty laid back and conversational.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this...

I always tried to ask if any residents had left the program and why. No program directors seemed to have a problem with this question and seemed to answer honestly. I also liked to ask where graduates of the program had gone, whether it be in private practice or fellowship somewhere. Most places gave us lists of this information.