questions... plz answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethmoid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which is a polypeptide
glucagon
epinephrine
insulin
cortisol
thyroxine

a dentist loses a teeth where should he not look for it
vallecula
piriform recess
pharyngeal recess

which foramen connects nasal with oral
incisive foramen
nasopalatine foramen

which of the following participate in contraction process of smooth muscle
actin
myosin
both
none

phosphatase enzyme acts on nucleotide produces

ribose 5 phosphate
free ribose
free deoxy ribose
nucleoside

thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

:) and I am sure of it.

thanks bombshell for the answer.can u pls explain it.
does glucagon promote protein synthesis or catabolism??in decks,its given as protein synthesis as the action of glucagon.so,according to that,glucagon reduces aminoacid levels.
is it given wrong in decks??

1.Which of the following describes the proper axial inclination of the palatal root of a maxillary 2 molar?
Distal and Lingual / Distal and facial

Thanks to you briansle!! Have some doubts.

3.Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?
A. Medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side Remember working condyle goes medially in lateral shift.
B. Superior wall of the articular fossa on the non-working side
C. Capsular ligaments
D. Stylohyoid ligament
E. Stylomand lig

I guess this should be some ligament and doesn't Working condyle move laterally and non working condyle medially. Not sure, though. Pls help someone!!

4.Each of the following is a type of inflammatory exudates EXCEPT one. Which one is the EXCEPTION?

A. Serous Benign fluid accumulation
B. Fibrous
C. Purulent
D. Fibrinous
E. Pseudomembranous

Are you sure of Serous, how about fibrinous?? Pls confirm this too. Thanks!!

thanks bombshell for the answer.can u pls explain it.
does glucagon promote protein synthesis or catabolism??in decks,its given as protein synthesis as the action of glucagon.so,according to that,glucagon reduces aminoacid levels.
is it given wrong in decks??

My guess is glucagon promotes protein catabolism. Recall glucagon is released to increase plasma glucose.

Thus catabolism of proteins--> increase plasma amino acids-->transamination --> glucose

I'll double check though

Members don't see this ad :)
3.Which of the following anatomic factors will restrict the amount of lateral shift that can occur on a working condyle?
A. Medial wall of the articular fossa on the working side Remember working condyle goes medially in lateral shift.
C. Capsular ligaments
D. Stylohyoid ligament
E. Stylomand lig

I guess this should be some ligament and doesn't Working condyle move laterally and non working condyle medially. Not sure, though. Pls help someone!!

Yea u r right. Sorry my bad. I was getting confused. by term immediate side shift and laterotrusive mvt

Last edited:
1.Aspiration of food can result in each of the following conditions EXCEPT one. Which one is this EXCEPTION?

A. Pneumonia
B. Pneumothorax -answer.its the presence of air or gas in lungs.so,no infection......
C. Lung abscess
D. Atelectasis
E. Asphyxiation

Is this A?

2.discriminating pain for facial and oral structures-spinothalamic, corticobulbar or something?

3.not present in dermis of skin? Melanosome, sweatgland, hair follicle, reticular fibers.
Is that hair follicle?

4.Patient with dettachment of retina on left eye, response of his pupil to bright light?

5.bacteria that shows an increase following eruption on primary teeth??

pls correct if wrong..

1.Which of the following describes the proper axial inclination of the palatal root of a maxillary 2 molar?
Distal and Lingual / Distal and facial

Thanks to you briansle!! Have some doubts.

C. Capsular ligaments
D. Stylohyoid ligament
E. Stylomand lig

4.Each of the following is a type of inflammatory exudates EXCEPT one. Which one is the EXCEPTION?

A. Serous Benign fluid accumulation
B. Fibrous
C. Purulent
D. Fibrinous
E. Pseudomembranous

Are you sure of Serous, how about fibrinous?? Pls confirm this too. Thanks!!

for 4-i think ans is fibrous.pls someone confirm.

pls ans this.

glucagon has all of the following actions except
a.inc plasma glucose
b.inc plasma free fatty acids and ketoacids
c.dec plasma amino acids
d.inc urea production

as ur doubt is about amino acids, thn glucagon decrease the amino acids, as it increases the uptake of the amini acids by liver for gluconeogenesis.

plz ans these-
1)clostridia perfringes is
sacharolytic
proteolytic
nucleolytic

2)if V nerve is cut below medulla,what happens?
loss of sensation of pain same side
" " " opposite side
" " proprioception same side
" " " opposite side.

3)cancers due to all except
asbestosis
anthracosis
polyamines
polyacrylic aromatic compounds

is poly amines ans??