Questions on when to take Casper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boronew

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a question on when to take Casper. I know Temple and Case Western require Casper for their admission. However, I heard they require it if you are invited for an interview. If this is true, then I don't personally want to pay money to take Casper yet. What should I do? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Just take Casper, it’s like 40-50$ and you’ll get it out of the way. Personally I think it’s better to take it and get it done and have a complete application rather than being invited for an interview when you could just knock it out in 1-2 hours and not have to worry. You’ll be glad you got it done during the summer than doing it during school. It’s just less stressful.

I personally never heard Case interview people before they took their Casper scores, since it’s a part of their application, but if that’s the case it may be for a select few or if it was later in the cycle (or not! But I’m not totally sure). Getting it done will make you more competitive and give them another reason to interview you, so knock it out!

Just take Casper, it’s like 40-50$ and you’ll get it out of the way. Personally I think it’s better to take it and get it done and have a complete application rather than being invited for an interview when you could just knock it out in 1-2 hours and not have to worry. You’ll be glad you got it done during the summer than doing it during school. It’s just less stressful.

I personally never heard Case interview people before they took their Casper scores, since it’s a part of their application, but if that’s the case it may be for a select few or if it was later in the cycle (or not! But I’m not totally sure). Getting it done will make you more competitive and give them another reason to interview you, so knock it out!
Thank you! I'll get it done :)!

Members don't see this ad :)
MODERATS: Feel free to move this post to the Casper/SJT forum.

Please join us. We have practice scenarios: Casper/Situational Judgement Tests and online practice (for Becoming a Student Doctor enrollees).

The SJT's are designed to be part of the pre-interview selection process, so ideally you should take it to be considered for interview.

Last edited:
I got 4th quartile :’)….

Reactions: 1 user