Questions from a med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monster-Mormon

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming OMS-2 that is considering Rads. My class is the class of 2024, which happens to have the first P/F boards. Just a few quick questions:

1. Is Step 2 just going to replace step 1 for Rads?

2. What else is important for being competitive?

3. Is the field becoming more DO friendly?

I know that these are really basic questions but thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably the reason you aren’t getting any responses is because the answers have been addressed numerous times elsewhere on this page, and you’re giving the appearance of having done no digging into your own questions before asking these.

I suggest starting with the stickied 13-page thread by @RadiologyPD that will address your questions and about 99% of any other questions you may have.

Reactions: 1 user
It is likely Step2 will replace Step1 as a metric on how to give interviews to applicants. Some programs are very DO friendly, often when the PD is a DO

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
1. probably
2. demonstrating a strong and continued interest in the field and strong LORs
3. not really. you will find a lot of DO's in rads but not at top programs.

For class of 2023, correct me if im wrong, but you will have a step 1 score?

As long as you have a step1 score its likely this will continue to be weighed higher than step 2CK.

When step 1 goes to pass/fail - there must be some metric program directors use to see who gets an interview. The step 2 ck score will likely be that metric. Things like LOR, schools, grades are subjective and vary from school to school.

Last edited by a moderator: