Questions about UTHealth @ Houston and UTMB secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glutenlover1948

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For UTHSC, I never heard back from them regarding secondaries so I went digging on their website to find this:

The instructions say that there is no secondary portal and that the essays/application have to be submitted physically via mail. There is no timestamp to indicate what year this is applicable for, or any other info about the secondary. Is this what you all have been doing?

For UTMB, Have any of y'all heard from their initial app review? Their website says they do pre-screening before giving a form about interests in research/faculty/the program

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to quickly say that when I open the UTH Houston PDF, it says 2021 in the file name so I would definitely assume this to be current. UT Health San Antonio is similar to UTMB; no additional fees or secondary application, just add the school/program in AMCAS. Once we've selected/notified you for an interview, we request similar info (interests, faculty, etc) to personalize the interview for you. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user