This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletFlight18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm taking my MCAT on August 24th (late i know but mostly focused on DO). I heard schools won't look at your app till your MCAT scores are in, so I will most likely submit my application in the last week of August.
Question- does that mean I won't need to have my recommendation letters in until my primary application is verified in late September? Are the letters sent with the primaries or the secondaries?
I'm trying to figure out what deadline to give my letter writers. i asked my professor on July 15th and gave him Aug 31st as a deadline on Interfolio a few days ago but i'm unsure whether that's too short of a time period so I was thinking to extend it.
Question- Is that too short? It's my first time asking for letters.

I greatly appreciate your time and help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm taking my MCAT on August 24th (late i know but mostly focused on DO). I heard schools won't look at your app till your MCAT scores are in, so I will most likely submit my application in the last week of August.
Question- does that mean I won't need to have my recommendation letters in until my primary application is verified in late September? Are the letters sent with the primaries or the secondaries?
I'm trying to figure out what deadline to give my letter writers. i asked my professor on July 15th and gave him Aug 31st as a deadline on Interfolio a few days ago but i'm unsure whether that's too short of a time period so I was thinking to extend it.
Question- Is that too short? It's my first time asking for letters.

I greatly appreciate your time and help.
To be courteous, ask your professor 2 months in advance. Then a polite reminder in 1 month if it isn't in. With 2 month heads up they will begin it whenever they feel like, but 8 weeks (or 6 in your case) is more than enough.

To be courteous, ask your professor 2 months in advance. Then a polite reminder in 1 month if it isn't in. With 2 month heads up they will begin it whenever they feel like, but 8 weeks (or 6 in your case) is more than enough.

Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user