Questions about 45 ADT school orders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktran17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't found many recent threads so I decided to ask a few questions:

1) Do we get BAH and BAS in addition to O-1 pay?
2) Since we are technically on AD, do we qualify for free glasses on base?
3) Any other benefits we can take advantage during this short time?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. yes
2. If you are on "active duty" orders, then you are entitled to everything that active duty soldiers qualify for. That being said, you would probably need a prescription for glasses etc. May require an appointment at optometry, which i have no idea how easy it is to get because i don't wear glasses. I do know that when reserve/NG soldiers are activated they try to get as much done (dental wise) as they can. Usually they need a LOT more work than our AD population because they aren't getting regular care when they are not on orders.
3. Anthony's pizza, American eatery, shopping at the PX and commissary to name a few... all kidding aside, depending on where you are located, some posts have some very decent golf courses that are very reasonably priced (usually based off rank). You can play at any military installation (army, navy, air force, marines).

Typically there is a set amount of time you need to be active in order to qualify for full medical/dental benefits. ADT generally doesn't fit that bill.