question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cef6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive been shadowing in a hospital now for quite some time and Ive noticed that the nurses that I shadow often will badmouth the interns, residents and attendings behind their back. Why is this. I thought that we're all supposed to work as a team to provide the upmost care for our patients.

Members don't see this ad.

You should hear what we say about them.

:laugh:

And so it goes...

You know, I hate to break it to you, but medicine isn't like that Coke commercial back in the 70s where everybody held hands and sang "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..." (You might be too young to remember that.) It can be a dog eat dog world out there. We try to get along, but it's a stressful environment and sometimes we take it out on each other. That doesn't make it right, but that's what happens. There's all sorts of petty BS that goes on in hospitals and it makes everybody a little crazy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, we get it. "Resident Badass." :scared:
LOL @ take it out on each other. Oh boy...ummm...let me be careful of what I say here...okay I will listen to that soft voice. Say nothing!

Not at all, the real "badasses" are the guys who walk around and are immediately respected and feared by everyone in the room, even if they're not entirely sure who they are.

I am the petty, angry intern that nurses whisper to each other, "That dude is a total tool, I hope I don't have to call him tonight."

Or at least that's what I'm working towards.
Okay, back to earth, this is a joke!

I am so tired of being tired...needs rest.

Hey Julie,

You can come to N.Y. when you are off from school. Just tell me when girl!
Where are you? Have not heard from you in ages. I am back in Florida after traveling the world.