Question regarding contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ONCPDL-1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my first contract and I found this:
" Except with respect to amounts designated as minimum guaranteed annual Base Salary, Starting Bonus, or Retention Bonuses, all compensation plans, methodologies and components set forth or referenced in this Schedule 1 are subject to modification by Employer upon no less than 90 days’ written notice to Physician."
Does this mean they can change RVUs rate at any time? Is this regular for hospital-employed contracts?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I received my first contract and I found this:
" Except with respect to amounts designated as minimum guaranteed annual Base Salary, Starting Bonus, or Retention Bonuses, all compensation plans, methodologies and components set forth or referenced in this Schedule 1 are subject to modification by Employer upon no less than 90 days’ written notice to Physician."
Does this mean they can change RVUs rate at any time? Is this regular for hospital-employed contracts?
Thanks
Yes, they can. I dont know if this is regular or not.

My hospital takes a simple approach. They can at any time ask us to sign an amendment to our existing contracts changing whatever they want. If we object to signing, we have a 90-day no-fault termination clause in the contract that either the hospital or us can exercise at any time. So basically, we're in the same boat as you they just don't spell it out like that.

Reactions: 1 user
I had similar wording as well. So I think it's similar across the jobs