Question re: PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you're writing your PS, do you capitalize things like:

I did a rotation in Child Psychiatry
I want to be a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist

Or does it not matter?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When you're writing your PS, do you capitalize things like:

I did a rotation in Child Psychiatry
I want to be a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist

Or does it not matter?

Thanks.

IMO, they'll have your transcript, so it's not necessary to explicitly state what rotations you were on. But if you know you really want to do Child, by all means write about it and mention how much you loved your child rotation (keeping in mind of course that you are still applying to the general psych program, and not yet the Child/Adolescent fellowship).

IMO, they'll have your transcript, so it's not necessary to explicitly state what rotations you were on. But if you know you really want to do Child, by all means write about it and mention how much you loved your child rotation (keeping in mind of course that you are still applying to the general psych program, and not yet the Child/Adolescent fellowship).

Thanks. The question was actually whether or not to capitalize those words, not whether or not to write about them. But I already turned in my PS so hopefully not capitalizing was correct (or at least ok)!