Question Out of Curiosity....residency app process..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX CARE

Eye Have You!!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a little curious about residency application processes, I'm not a P4 yet, but was wondering......Do residency applicants typically list pending/uncompleted rotations in their CVs, or only completed rotations. I ask because I was just thinking that a person would prob need to have had clinical rotations by the time interviews roll around in january so they can gauge their experiences on what they want to get out of a residency, because they will still have a fair number of rotations left. So I'm pretty much tryna gauge if one should schedule relevant rotations that " look good " on paper before the application process, or does it not really matter? Do recruiters look at the whole thing including scheduled/uncompleted rotations.
Hope it's understandable and any inputs will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a little curious about residency application processes, I'm not a P4 yet, but was wondering......Do residency applicants typically list pending/uncompleted rotations in their CVs, or only completed rotations. I ask because I was just thinking that a person would prob need to have had clinical rotations by the time interviews roll around in january so they can gauge their experiences on what they want to get out of a residency, because they will still have a fair number of rotations left. So I'm pretty much tryna gauge if one should schedule relevant rotations that " look good " on paper before the application process, or does it not really matter? Do recruiters look at the whole thing including scheduled/uncompleted rotations.
Hope it's understandable and any inputs will be appreciated.

You should list all completed and planned rotations.

Oh ok. Thanx a lot Karm !!

and have some tough ones in the first half to show you can handle the work (and get LORs)