Question for University of Arizona applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow University of Arizona applicants (or those who've been through the process already)! I have my community physician interview tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any advice about it. How does it differ from the faculty interview? What kind of questions should I ask since the doctor probably won't be familiar with the medical school education at U of A? Any other advice?

Members don't see this ad.

The community physician interview is pretty chill. They have a sheet full of points they want you to address (at least my interviewer stuck pretty close to that list) and you basically just talk a lot about yourself. As for what questions to ask, most of my interview consisted of answering my interviewer's questions.
Like you said, they may not know much about the school, so I don't think those questions are very applicable. But most likely they will tell you some things about their backround and you can ask about some of their experiences if you feel so inclined.
Most import, just really try to show that you are the type of person that would make a nice, caring doctor. Hopefully, this means being yourself :)

i agree with michimo. very relaxed and they just want to get to know you and make sure you aren't some a$$hole or wierdo.

but...i also thought that all of the community physicians that conduct the interviews actually graduated from UA med. so they should know enough about UA's curriculum.

ahhhh...can't wait 'til i finally get to be the interviewER. i'm tired of being the interviewee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. It was pretty laid back, just like my faculty interview. Now all I have to do is wait until January when I will hopefully be accepted!

The wait is torturous, isn't it? I've been fortunate enough to have been busy with other interviews and thus keeping me occupied with learning about other schools. Now that all of my interviews are done, It's just a waiting game.

*Deep Breath*

I wish the UofA wouldn't wait so long....

Anyone know a specific reason that they're so frugal with acceptances?

:confused: