Question for OSU First Years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

causticus

OSU CVM c/0 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me name/author of the anatomy text you use at OSU?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

They recommended Dyce and/or Pasquini. But for canine anatomy I think most of us have rarely used them. Everything we need to know is in our class notes, and for clarification on details the dissection guide is usually enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a note on dyce - if you're a visual learner, you might be better off going for a different textbook. Some diagrams they have are great, but tend to be smallish and there is a LOT of writing. I've used my millers far more than my dyce, though obviously for comparative its no good. There are lots of great texts out there - I personally like the two volume set of Susson and Grossman - I dont need to read anything!!! And your lecturers tend to not mind, they just want you to learn it, they dont care how!

Hey,

I know I'm not a first year anymore, but I loved Done's Color Atlas of the Dog. I tutor and I recommend it to all the first years. It's great because it goes step by step through the dissection and actually uses color photographs of a real dog.

The dissection that they do is amazing and there is a lot of detail. Now they have more detail than you need to know and the names can be offputting as they are more proper than what we use, but I've used Pasquini and Dyce and neither is as up to date as Done's.

I think I opened Pasquini twice, and I used Done's every night before the exam.

But everyone has their own preferences, and I wish you luck.

Very helpful information - thanks all!