question for current and future uop students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dloi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey!
i have a question for current or future uop students. i was accepted to uop for this fall and so i received an info packet about the school. under one section entitled "computers" it says that "students entering our program are required to purchase a computer and printer to enhance their educational experience. please DO NOT purchase the computer prior to arriving on campus. Students MUST purchase the laptop through the university of the pacific." whats up with that? we HAVE to buy a laptop from them? wat if i already have one? i cant use the one i have instead? please clarify!
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am almost positive that you have to buy their laptop - regardless of the fact that you may already own a laptop. This ensures that the computer techs that they hired earn their paychecks. Don't worry, the cost of a laptop is nothing compaired to the tuition you'll be paying. Hell, pick two of those bad boys up!
Now as for those labtops, I'm not so sure about the attire required in the lab:D
-jason

i guess it's just easy for the computer tech to fix problems when all the laptop are the same. also, when you are about to grad, you can buy the laptop at the low price. i dunno how low it is, but after using it for 3 yrs, it will polly be obsolete and you wouldn't wanna buy it.