question about usmle transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soulsearchin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a question ,any input will be welcome.
my eligibilty period of my step1 fell during the time period when the earthquake hit pakistan last year.i couldnt take my exam during that period...i called the ecfmg and asked them to give me a new eligibility period.they gave me a new eligibility period free of any fee. i had called the ecfmg to assisst me if they could at the time when my eligibility period hadnt expired,and i did not pass my exam date without taking it..passed it in my first attempt.
i would like to ask if this would be reported in my usmle transcript and would it have a negative impact?
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Not an expert in this, but I don't think it will look bad. You didn't sit the exam, you essentially just moved the date. I'm not even sure they'll know it even occurred just looking at your app.

Besides, an earthquake is a fairly decent reason to reschedule the USMLE!

Not an expert in this, but I don't think it will look bad. You didn't sit the exam, you essentially just moved the date. I'm not even sure they'll know it even occurred just looking at your app.

Besides, an earthquake is a fairly decent reason to reschedule the USMLE!

I also believe that there was a post recently about someone who could not finish his exam because of a power failure or computer glitch ( cant really remember the fine details) but was allowed to resit the exam without mention of the previous attempt. If you are really worried I am sure your case can be easily dealt with if you write to ECFMG. Cases that are beyond your control like natural disasters should not disadvantage you and I am sure ECFMG are good people and are very professional.

thanks guys..i wrote to the ecfmg regarding this and they told me the transcript would include the history of attempts only.
and i guess even if it mentioned it,theres nothing negative about it since it was somethign unavoidable.

thanks guys..i wrote to the ecfmg regarding this and they told me the transcript would include the history of attempts only.
and i guess even if it mentioned it,theres nothing negative about it since it was somethign unavoidable.

If you are asked about attempts, explain the earthquake in your interview. I doubt if it will come up but it might and most people only need a little reminder to remember that that quake was devastating. You should be fine.