Technology Question about the IPOD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tofunami

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an Ipod, I was just wondering how it holds up to impact (like during a jog). From what I hear, the Ipod is basically a HD, which can be quite sensitive to movement. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

tofunami said:
I'm thinking about getting an Ipod, I was just wondering how it holds up to impact (like during a jog). From what I hear, the Ipod is basically a HD, which can be quite sensitive to movement. Thanks.

It's quite sturdy, and you can run with it. You just need to buy a third party case that works. I'm still looking :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had two iPods: a first gen., and a third gen. with longer anti-skip time. I've never had any trouble with skipping, and apparently the 4th gen is even better as far as this is concerned. If you get the mini, you can purchase a third party arm band. Usually, if I run with mine, I'll just hold it 'cause I don't like the bumping when it's clipped to my pants. I use an iSkin case for protection.

I love my iPod.

the ipod has a 20 minute memory chip thing in its structure that allows the harddisc to bump/skip/etc and play smoothly for that duration of itme

well that settles is, I'm gettin me an Ipod :)

my free iPod Mini just shipped a few days ago from Shanghai :D
freeipods.com is beautiful :smuggrin:

tofunami said:

I run with it in the mornings, bike with it to work, listen to it while doing tissue culture work... it's amazing!

I got one of those sports bands that goes on your arm. It works very well. :love: :love:

I would have to agree that the iPod is possibly the sweetest techno gadget ever invented. I can't get enough of mine. I should have been smarter like other people and exchanged mine for the 40 gb-er for a mere $72, but, oh well. I've put sooooo much music on this things, and I've used 4 gb. GET ONE!

I am also planning on buying an iPod but am a little confused. When you download the mp3 files, can you only download them from iTunes? Or can you get the mp3's from any online provider?

You can get MP3 files from wherever you want and transfer them to your iPod.