• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

question about residency applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillystudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two questions:

1-Can anyone tell me if most derm programs require Step 2 to be completed before ranking them for the match?

2-Excuse my ignorance (I've been in the lab for 3 years) but what month are the rankings submitted?

I'm also considering path and radiology, so if any of you have info on those as well, that would also be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

1. Most programs do not require that you take step 2 before you rank them to match. However, you should definitely inquire about this regarding your top choices come rank time.

2. Rank time starts mid-January, which should be weird because many Derm programs interview in late Jan to even early Feb. I believe the ROL must be certified sometime in mid-Feb.

I have heard that Oklahoma requires a step 2 score prior to ranking...and interviewing too I think.