question about repeat courses.. unique situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sword-nimi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I finished my undergrad in 2014, worked until 2019, and got into a premed program that happens to be at the same university I got my undergrad in. Part of the program involves taking several chemistry/biology courses that I already took during my undergrad. I am the only student in the program who previously went to this same university.

In setting up my application, I have entered the same university twice as two "Separate schools", with one designated "undergrad" and one "post-bac" (they are also 5+ years apart in years attended). I can't find any clear guidance in the manual on how to handle this situation, and whether or not I list courses as repeats. All of my grades from undergrad AND this premed program will appear on the same transcript, but some will be undergrad and others will be post-bac. I can't get ahold of anyone at AMCAS because of this COVID situation. Anyone have some guidance?

For clarification, every class I am repeating in this program, I got an A the first time and an A the second time. I took gen chem I/II, biology, and OChem I/II during my undergrad and again this past year, and got an A in every class both times. The course numbers are still the same as they were 5+ years ago.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to do anything special. Just list each course and set them as repeats. It's not going to penalize you but it may confuse some adcoms. You could consider writing about it in your "other" essay.

They made you repeat all the coursework even though it was at the same school and recent? That's just cruel.

Yea, it's a program with a strict schedule for everybody. It's only a coincidence that I got my bachelor's at the same university.. thank you!