question about PTCB exam for pharmacy technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got the Mosby book to study for the PTCB exam, and there are a LOT of specific details about hundreds of drugs. I'm wondering, do I actually have to memorize all the drug's names and effects for the exam? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I got the Mosby book to study for the PTCB exam, and there are a LOT of specific details about hundreds of drugs. I'm wondering, do I actually have to memorize all the drug's names and effects for the exam? Thanks.

Please use the search function at the top right of the page.

In the short-term, no you don't have to memorize every brand/generic to pass the PTCE. However, if you plan on being a successful technician, nonetheless pharmacist, it certainly wouldn't hurt to get your feet wet now.

Hmm, its interesting, because people on this forum say that they only studied for a short time (week to several weeks) and passed easily. I can't fathom how someone can take in that much intricate information in such a short time, unless they were doing it for 8 hours a day...