Question about LD relationships and Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VeganChick

Tufts University V'13
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As Ross has 3 semesters per year of 3 1/2 each, I was wondering if anybody (esp. any Ross students) have any thoughts about the feasibility of seeing a SO every semester break (in either the US or on the island)? My BF and I are considering whether we should commit to seeing each other between every break but I am not sure what breaks usually entail.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

A girl that is doing a preceptorship at our clinic went to Ross, and her boyfriend went with her. He just did odd jobs here and there - mostly tourist related, I believe - and lived there with her the whole time. I was pretty surprised, but I suppose it could work if the boyfriend wasn't already in a field of work and unable to leave. That said, I think my husband would really hate it. Heh.

Hopefully someone answers your question about the breaks - jeterfan and zpinkpanther may/may not read this forum much. I can't see why you couldn't visit, but I don't know how long the breaks are for, so...

Good luck!

I'm wondering about the same thing. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 4 years and the majority of it has been spent long distance. I'm optimistic about us making it another 3 years away from each other but would rather not ha. I was wondering if there was anybody out there where their SO traveled with them (specifically Ross) while they attended Vet School. Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to have at least 2 weeks off in between semesters (3 weeks in December) so going home to visit your love is totally possible. We also have a mid-semster break which is basically a long weekend for us since it's only one day off from classes. I have a friend who's husband flies down every mid-semester break and she flies home for every 2 week break & they seem to be doing fine.
Hope that helps :)

Vegan-
I am at Ross right now, I am a 1st semester student doing orientation. There are 15 people in my group and 4 are married, one is engaged and about half of those left are in long term relationships. Most are planning on visiting each other during breaks, so that seems really feasible. I am in a long term relationship and my boyfriend is saving money now so he can join me on St. Kitts for the last year I am here. I plan on visiting him every other break because we have between 2-3 weeks over the breaks.

The support here is wonderful and once you get here you will find that so many other students are in your same situation.

BTW I am sure you will love it here! The students are great and and the island is beautiful. I am very happy with my choice of Ross.

I am a vegan too... just to let you know there is a guy who comes to sell fruits and veggies every wed. on campus and a farmers market in the town every sat. Other than that there is a choice of a veggie burger at every restaurant I have gone to, but I am trying to save money right off the bat (loans!) so I haven't been eating out, just the snacks I brought, veggies and fruits and cooking rice and beans so far.
let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks bluesky for the great reply! I am especially excited that you are a vegan too! Hey, would you mind if I PM'd you with a couple of questions?