Question about Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSU PreOpt

ICO here I come!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 2-part question about the interview process. I know I need to be prepared to answer why I want to go to whichever optometry school I'm being interviewed at, but:

a) Will they ever ask if they are my first choice, or ask me to rank my schools of choice? and

b) If they do, is it better to be honest, or to just say that which ever school I'm at on that day is my first choice?

Thanks for any feedback. It may be a dumb question but I'm a little worried about it.

Members don't see this ad.

At IU, they asked me which school is my first choice and they asked me to be honest and that it would not affect their admission decision. I ended up telling them it was between ICO and IU for my first choice because of the location with respect to where I live. They understand that we all have our reasons for our first choice and as long as you explain to them why, then it should be fine. So to answer your questions:

a) Yes, they might ask you that. At least at IU.

b) It is better to be honest but if they don't say anything like "just be honest" or "it wont affect our decision". But, if they don't say anything along those lines, then I am not too sure.