Question about Foreign Undergrad GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aiikookie

PrePod
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a rising senior at a canadian uni studying bio. Before coming here I studied architecture for 2 years and did not do so good. AADSAS asked me to verify my foreign undergrad transcript and I received it back with a 2.65 GPA as calculated by ECE to match US gpa scale (It was 3.1 where I was studying). AADSAS asked me to just have my transcript verified and not to send in my transcript, however I go into my AADSAS "Check Status" and view the folder for schools, every school has my architecture GPA in their system, but I thought they only needed my transcript verified? I did not know that my architecture GPA would be shared with schools, I'm not sure how this will affect me as I am applying with a near 3.6 cGPA and 3.5 sGPA from my canadian university. Will the architecture GPA be a red flag? my original plans were to apply to dental school but I got rejected back home and had to do architecture. I mentioned in my PS about how I felt like I wouldn't have as fulfilling a career in architecture as I would with dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you had an upward trend which is good, but the overall GPA is quite low and you may get screened out. They tend to be harsher on the international applicants as well. I'm stating the obvious but if you are applying, you will need a high DAT. Apply to private schools with no GPA cutoffs. Keep in mind they are very expensive and it will be more difficult to secure loans as a foreigner.

I am going into my 4th year of Biology at a Canadian university with a 3.6 overall gpa, that 2.6 gpa was from a Dubai university where I studied there for 2 years, I emailed detroit a while back and they said they don't accept any international courses. Would this mean they won't look at my 2.6 international gpa then? Because the schools don't have a list of my dubai university courses they only have the gpa which was validated by ECE

Members don't see this ad :)
My mistake. I thought 2.65 was your overall GPA for some reason. Was the school in Dubai a U.S. school?

My mistake. I thought 2.65 was your overall GPA for some reason. Was the school in Dubai a U.S. school?
Back there we used british and american systems of education. My uni used the british system. All course materials were in english but profs spoke with us in arabic which was very confusing lol