question about Dublin schools and rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xTinaBna

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I have applied to the Atlantic Bridge Program (I applied to Trinity College, Royal College Surgeons, and National University-Dublin) and just had a couple of general questions. Can American students do their rotations (some at least) in the U.S.? If so, are there only specific locations? Is it possible for students to finish the program in less than 5 years if they stay during the summers? Also, the doctors i work with highly recommended the Ireland medical schools, stating that it is significantly cheaper and a higher quality of education (they went to northwestern for med school). Aside from traveling and airfare, would anyone say this statement true? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

cbenedic said:
Hello!
I have applied to the Atlantic Bridge Program (I applied to Trinity College, Royal College Surgeons, and National University-Dublin) and just had a couple of general questions. Can American students do their rotations (some at least) in the U.S.? If so, are there only specific locations? Is it possible for students to finish the program in less than 5 years if they stay during the summers? Also, the doctors i work with highly recommended the Ireland medical schools, stating that it is significantly cheaper and a higher quality of education (they went to northwestern for med school). Aside from traveling and airfare, would anyone say this statement true? Thanks!!

All your rotations have to be done in the hospitals in Ireland YOu can do electives during the summer where ever you like so most American students like to do those at home. As far as I know you can't finish any earlier.