Question about Dermatology Research Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermatology2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am applying for Dermatology Clinical Research Fellowships, and I was wondering if anyone has advice on which programs are particularly supportive of helping fellows to publish and prepare strong residency applications? I will be leaving my current residency program and focusing on preparing a strong dermatology application (I have completed my medicine intern year). The few programs I have heard of are UC Irvine, Tulane, Northwestern, Columbia University, MD Anderson, and Stanford. Does anyone know of people who have done any of these fellowships and have subsequently matched in Dermatology residency positions? I have lower-end Step 1 and 2 scores, I was not AOA as a med student, didn't Honor my Medicine or Surgery rotations in medical school...so I'm really trying to have a stellar clinical research experience and enhance my application. Any advice would be much appreciated as I go through this process...thank you!

dermatology2014

Members don't see this ad.