question about degrees...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxietypeaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im interested in hospital administration. Which degree do you suggest i pursue?

MBA (in health admin)
MPH (in health admin)
MPP (" ")
MSHS, its masters in science in health services (in health admin)

If it depends, then which are the strongest programs (even comparing across the diff degrees), assuming that i havent completed my bachelors yet?

thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

anxietypeaker said:
im interested in hospital administration. Which degree do you suggest i pursue?

MBA (in health admin)
MPH (in health admin)
MPP (" ")
MSHS, its masters in science in health services (in health admin)

If it depends, then which are the strongest programs (even comparing across the diff degrees), assuming that i havent completed my bachelors yet?

thanks everyone.

MHA is health administration
this program is mostly under public health department or combine with business school
I am guessing that since you haven't completed your bachelors therefore you don't have any full time experience
I think it is difficult for you to get into top MBA programs since they requrie work experience before entrance to the program
MPP (public policy) is more recognized degree but MHA or MSHS is more suitalbe if you want to work as health admin.

jjunyi83 said:
I am guessing that since you haven't completed your bachelors therefore you don't have any full time experience
I think it is difficult for you to get into top MBA programs since they requrie work experience before entrance to the program.

I agree with this statement. An MBA is usually only as valuable as the program from which it came. Meaning there are lots of places you could get an MBA (even some online), but they won't help you get a job -- for an MBA to be valuable, it needs to come from a top 25 program (per US News), be perceived better regionally (i.e. in a state with only one business school it may have cache notwithstanding the ranking), or else supplement another degree (such as an MD) which will be the driving force into the job.