Question about Cleveland Clinic Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstylee

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College allows interviewees to stay with Case Western student hosts. I didn't see anything on my invite e-mail about it, but I was figuring they might do it since it's their first year and they are affiliated with Case.

Also, for those of you who were accepted, about how long post-interview were you notified of your decision?

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing there next week. I rented a hotel near there.

The turn around from what I hear is very fast. They'll let you know in 1 week. Duka and autobot(both who got in) got responses within 1 week.

if you're interviewing at CWRU also, they'll send you a list of student hosts. from what they told me, they aren't accepting very many people right away, due to the small (32) class size, but if you happen to be one of the lucky few to get in right away, you'll know within a week or two. otherwise, i believe they said they would begin looking at files again in mid-january.

I heard back about a week and a half post-interview. They have 4 categories when evaluating an interviewee: Immediate accept, Accept, Wait-list, and reject. If you're put on the latter two, I think you can count yourself out because in a class of 32, they will most likely find enough from the accept category only. If you are put on the accept list, I think they don't contact you until Mid-Jan.
In regards to the student housing, you can stay with a case host, if you can find one. It was incrediably hard for me to find a host for the two days I was there. I ended up staying @ the Guesthouse, a hotel they recommend. This hotel is close to the Clinic, but kinda far from Case. You can either take the cab to Case, OR you can take the 6 bus about 5 stops away and walk about 5 mins. It gave me a chance to get a feel for the place.