Question about a C grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTStudent215

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished all my pre-reqs for PT school. In all my class I've recieved A's to B-'s. However, the last pre-req class that I took (A&P II) I recieved a C+. It is my only C grade. Should I take it over again? Will that C ruin my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

It'll hurt you, but I don't think it'll ruin you and make every school automatically reject your application. Depending on your GPA, GRE, and the rest of your application you may not have to spend the time to retake that course. Retaking the course and getting an A, however, will look good as well as quell your worries about your chances. If I had the chance to retake some of the Cs I got, I would totally do it to know I have the best chances I could have gotten for the application process.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't retake. I applied this cycle with a C in chem II (my only C) and haven't had a problem. I was invited to every school that I applied to (that offered interviews) except 1 and have receive 4 acceptances (1 including a large scholarship offer), 1 waitlist, and no rejections so far. It wasn't brought up during any of my interviews either so I don't believe it had any impact of my application. If you had more than 1 I would consider retaking, but 1 C shouldn't hurt you.

Good Luck!

-K