This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJen_62

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I don't really understand this question and I was hoping someone could explain it to me please :) I'm also struggling a lot with QR and wanted to get some advice for how to study. My exam is in 17 days and I'm still having a hard time with this section. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 4.46.48 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the only way I got that answer is by doing this:
you want to find out what mass x has an uncertainty equal to 1 grain, aka a value of anywhere from 60 and 65mg.
The range of uncertainty from 60 to 65mg is 5mg.
If you calculate the percent of uncertainty you get:
5/60 = 8.3333%
5/65 = 7.6923%
If you do 65/the larger uncertainty, you get 65 * (60/5) = 780
If you do 60/the smaller uncertainty, you get 60 * (65/5) = 780
I kind of worked backwards from the answer, but even my own explanation doesn't make much sense to me lol. Maybe this paired with your own solution from the problem will help? Or maybe someone else can help explain what I did:)
Tbh, I don't think you'll get a problem as hard/tricky as this one though.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have bootcamp, I definitely recommend reviewing their quantitative comparisons subject test. The questions presented will help you prepare for the new types of QR questions that pop up on the DAT. Additionally, I recommend the equation sheet presented by bootcamp as well!

Thank you to both of you!! I really appreciate your help :)

Make sure you review the attached problems and if you have the Math Destroyer I highly suggest you do all the work, if you are running out of time at least go through the book and work on your areas of weakness.

Attachments

• Problems and Solutions QC 2017.pdf
    446.2 KB · Views: 68