QR advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Don Kim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi yall,

So I've been looking through some of the more recent test results from other people, and I noticed that most people don't really talk much about QR, and sometimes don't do as well as they expect.
I always loved math in high school, but I haven't done much math in college because my major is neuroscience.
I didn't give much thought to QR at first b/c I had enough confidence in the section. However, the first QR test I took (which was on BC) I scored a 20, and I was pretty shocked at how much I have forgotten.
So I quickly brushed up on QR using math destroyer, did about 6 tests so far. Now I am scoring 37/40~40/40 consistently. Not sure what kind of score that translates to. But I am at the same time still a bit worried because Math Destroyer seems to repeat the same type of questions over and over just with different numbers on every exam instead of offering a variety. Or at least up to test 6 so far.
But I still see some people who have gone through math destroyer and BC, and still score around 20 on the real DAT and I am not sure why. For those of you who have taken it, were there things that you haven't seen before? Like certain geometry theorems, algebra formulas, precalc formulas/identities..etc? Or are they just weirdly worded?

QR is a relatively easier section to conquer and I would hate to pull my score down with it.
Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It's honestly just a toss up. Some of the bootcamp tests I was scoring 20's and others I scored 30's. I was also in your shoes with the 35-40/40 correct on Destroyer. Ended up with a 20 on the real thing. Keep doing what you're doing and you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
You're going to see a lot of almost exactly same or similar questions from BC and the easier/medium ones from destroyer, no crazy stuff.

How do yall build a strong foundation that you could easily answer math destroyer questions because i am struggling with this section everything else is solid

Members don't see this ad :)
How do yall build a strong foundation that you could easily answer math destroyer questions because i am struggling with this section everything else is solid
It might be easier if you use the Math Destroyer for learning and do not worry so much about timing. Most students struggle with QR so you are not alone,.

Take care..Nancy

It might be easier if you use the Math Destroyer for learning and do not worry so much about timing. Most students struggle with QR so you are not alone,.

Take care..Nancy
I dont focus on timing as well I guess I need to watch chads qr section before tackling the questions because I cant answer any :(. However I am kind of lazy studying for that section

I dont focus on timing as well I guess I need to watch chads qr section before tackling the questions because I cant answer any :(. However I am kind of lazy studying for that section
Got it! Well my best advice is to get unlazy and get to work! Nothing is more tragic than having to repeat the whole DAT for a low QR score. You can do this, you have to turn that weakness into a strength.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Lol you're doing about the same as I am in math. BIGGEST TIP IS TO READ AND BE CAREFUL!!! The math itself is actually quite simple most of the time but you get 3-4 wrong BAM you're gonna get low 20s ;(. Destroyer isn't hard lol. Just be very careful and keep your speed/energy at a good level at the end of the DAT. In practice sections I get about 23-28 in QR so I guess I can't worry too much. If you're not stumped by anything and know how to do it all just make sure you be careful and don't rush out of there.