Qbanks other than UWORLD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway2020

Reaction score
Anybody try other qbanks like Rx, Kaplan, AMBOSS? If so, which ones have you found useful?

Members don't see this ad.

I am working on uworld kaplan and amboss....so far I feel like kaplan is just a total pain but still gives you the numbers for practice....amboss is also pretty nitpicky like kaplan but it still makes sense...and of course uworld is uworld.

I am working on uworld kaplan and amboss....so far I feel like kaplan is just a total pain but still gives you the numbers for practice....amboss is also pretty nitpicky like kaplan but it still makes sense...and of course uworld is uworld.
If you had to choose, Kaplan or AMBOSS?

If you had to choose, Kaplan or AMBOSS?

oo tough one.....I am not sure tbh....I haven't taken my exam yet so I dont know how well these helped....right now I am just using them to help me sharpen some weak spots. Hopefully someone else who has had more experience with these can chime in.....I just started with these.

Members don't see this ad :)
oo tough one.....I am not sure tbh....I haven't taken my exam yet so I dont know how well these helped....right now I am just using them to help me sharpen some weak spots. Hopefully someone else who has had more experience with these can chime in.....I just started with these.
Okay well how about helping with the shelves?

I think if there are topics you arent doing well in based on your uworld scores...then yea you can give these a try....Kaplan does nitpicky stuff....but in a really painful way...sometimes its painfully obviously how much they are trying to "trick" you. I think they are trying to get better though but I would just use them for volume. Amboss personally I like better because for each question they have a learning card that you can open up and read...and see for yourself what you missed and see if you find that relevant to shelf or step. They dont try to trick you as much just very nitpicky stuff. Amboss takes longer to do personally for me because I do end up reading the learning cards sometimes but I like how I can "fact check" things right then and there within the question and take what I need from it. Be careful though it does get overwhelming sometimes.

So far I can only speak for Neuro and ID because these have been weak spots for me. Honestly I am not sure if I will get around to doing the other ones....might be overkill if you are good in certain areas but for weak topics I would try Amboss I think.

I like Amboss but agree with @Doc2b82 every platform has their strengths and weaknesses. Kaplan was too detail oriented for me and I like the integration and high yield parts of Amboss. I've been using it for clerkship shelves. so we'll see..... idk

they came to our school and gave us two-week free trial codes, feel free to give it a shot and see if it coats your goat.

AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79

I like Amboss but agree with @Doc2b82 every platform has their strengths and weaknesses. Kaplan was too detail oriented for me and I like the integration and high yield parts of Amboss. I've been using it for clerkship shelves. so we'll see..... idk

they came to our school and gave us two-week free trial codes, feel free to give it a shot and see if it coats your goat.

AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79

haha "coats your goat" seriously never heard that but love it! after a full day of exhaustive studying that made me LOL so thank you :) I actually ended up googling it....and the first thing I saw was goats in a coat LOL....thanks for the laugh I needed it!

haha "coats your goat" seriously never heard that but love it! after a full day of exhaustive studying that made me LOL so thank you :) I actually ended up googling it....and the first thing I saw was goats in a coat LOL....thanks for the laugh I needed it!

Hahaha, so glad I could make you smile! not enough of that in medical school