QBank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

manning18

I looked through the old threads and was not able to find much information and feedback relating to Kaplan Q-Book for Step 2-CK. I would appreciate if people could post their thoughts on how effective Step 2 Q-Bank was in studying for Step 2-CK? Also, please feel free to comment on the relative worth of Q-Bank vs USMLEworld. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most people here use UW, instead of Qbank, which is what I want to do as well.

I have used both qbank and UW.

qbank isn't as diffult as UW. Subject wise and testing material was very good when I took the test. Questions are much longer on qbank than the real thing.

UW is trickier and questions are written closer in style to the actual exam.

I'd put the test in the middle of the two question banks. Qbank is easier and UW is harder.

As long as you do one, I dont see you going wrong with either choice.

I studied for 2 weeks using QBank, just got my scores back, and shockingly got a 259 (don't usually do that well AT ALL on standardized tests), which I am still pretty sure is an error that the usmle will be contacting me about to correct shortly. :oops:

In hind sight, I might have went with World had I known about it BEFORE paying for a month of QBank just because World is cheaper. I did do one block of World questions to compare, and I thought the answer explanations for World were better organized --> short and to the point... just how I like it. Kaplan explanations seem to be written by different people, and some of the writers ramble on and on making it hard (at least for me) to pick out the salient points.

But, I thought the question stems in World were too short. The longer questions in QBank, in my opinion, help you a little more with stamina, etc for the real thing. Also, I don't know if they have recently changed QBank or if I am ******ed or what, but I sure didn't think the QBank questions were easy like I have seen mentioned repeatedly on these threads.

Basically, I know most people on here swear by World, and that's probably not a bad idea as it is cheaper for the same # of questions. But, I think you can't go wrong no matter what you choose. After all, it's probably the mind-numbing task of doing the questions that helps in the end not the questions themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied for 2 weeks using QBank, just got my scores back, and shockingly got a 259 (don't usually do that well AT ALL on standardized tests), which I am still pretty sure is an error that the usmle will be contacting me about to correct shortly. :oops:

In hind sight, I might have went with World had I known about it BEFORE paying for a month of QBank just because World is cheaper. I did do one block of World questions to compare, and I thought the answer explanations for World were better organized --> short and to the point... just how I like it. Kaplan explanations seem to be written by different people, and some of the writers ramble on and on making it hard (at least for me) to pick out the salient points.

But, I thought the question stems in World were too short. The longer questions in QBank, in my opinion, help you a little more with stamina, etc for the real thing. Also, I don't know if they have recently changed QBank or if I am ******ed or what, but I sure didn't think the QBank questions were easy like I have seen mentioned repeatedly on these threads.

Basically, I know most people on here swear by World, and that's probably not a bad idea as it is cheaper for the same # of questions. But, I think you can't go wrong no matter what you choose. After all, it's probably the mind-numbing task of doing the questions that helps in the end not the questions themselves.

Qbank has changed. Dr Fischer added like 250Q and will be adding more stuff later on. Additionally, qbank will feature some videos for certain questions giving explanations.

Kaplan knows that they're getting their butt kicked in the step 2 qbank race and are working on it. <--was said at the review.

I have used both qbank and UW.

qbank isn't as diffult as UW. Subject wise and testing material was very good when I took the test. Questions are much longer on qbank than the real thing.

UW is trickier and questions are written closer in style to the actual exam.

I'd put the test in the middle of the two question banks. Qbank is easier and UW is harder.

As long as you do one, I dont see you going wrong with either choice.

I wouldn't. I thought Step 2 was MUCH more straightforward than QBank.

The only reason to do UW is that it's cheaper. In my opinion, anyway. My score didn't suffer because I went that route (I go inot more detail in the offical thread). With that said, had I known about UW, I probably would have done that because of the cost.

After reviewing the feedback here and on some other sites, I decided to go with UW. There were some positive reviews for QBank, but UW seemed to be the favorite, so there was no way to justify the extra cost of QBank. Thanks for your help!

I'm studying now for step 2 using Qbank and I'm curious about what kind of scores you were getting on new qbank items before you did so well on step 2.

Thanks in advance.

Qbank has changed. Dr Fischer added like 250Q and will be adding more stuff later on. Additionally, qbank will feature some videos for certain questions giving explanations.

Kaplan knows that they're getting their butt kicked in the step 2 qbank race and are working on it. <--was said at the review.

Hello!!!
please forward the 250 questions by fischer's thanks
[email protected]

i have 2 weeks and please tell me whats the best thing to do in those two weeks before the exam

congratulations:

please forward the 250 conrad fischer's questions to me if you have them. my exam is within two weeks and like to know whats the best thing to do in those two weeks.

[email protected]

i appreciate ur kindness and help

Used Q bank. studied hard 2.5 wks and got 238 on step 2. was getting 65-70% on Qbank. But i think it's 50% how well you studied and 50% (if not more) how good of a test taker you are on the test day
Didn't do nearly as well on step 1 but i didn't finish all of q bank like i should have.

anyone have any ideas how good of a score 238 is on step 2