BOTH Q: RE- doing UWORLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lllTRAUMADOClll

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm 4 weeks out, did FA 4 times, 56% on UW first time pass, random timed. Target score is 220+
I want to redo it a second time as I don't have time for another Qbank.
Should I re-set the whole Qbank, clear all markings and answers and redo in random test mode again, OR just re-read the Qs and Explanations without resetting? ~>I only have 2 weeks allotted for this , which is like 3 block/day.
Also I plan on doing NBMEs 7, 12, 13, 15, and reading FA 1 more time (all in last 2 weeks).
What do you guys think on this plan, any advice /input is GREATLY appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Re-set Uworld. Do your last run RANDOM, TIMED.
Divide your readings of FA into the amount of time you have left.

Do 3 blocks of questions in the morning, review before lunch. Flag questions you want to go over again in your final week.
Do the readings in the evenings.
Do your NBMEs on the week-ends.
I would do NBME 7, then 15, then 12 then 13 about 5-6 days away from your test.
Do the free 150 if you want.

The % you finish Uworld with random, timed should just about approximate your % on step.

80% roughly = 232

Pretty much it bro.

Reactions: 1 user
Re-set Uworld. Do your last run RANDOM, TIMED.
Divide your readings of FA into the amount of time you have left.

Do 3 blocks of questions in the morning, review before lunch. Flag questions you want to go over again in your final week.
Do the readings in the evenings.
Do your NBMEs on the week-ends.
I would do NBME 7, then 15, then 12 then 13 about 5-6 days away from your test.
Do the free 150 if you want.

The % you finish Uworld with random, timed should just about approximate your % on step.

80% roughly = 232

Pretty much it bro.

getting 80% is only equal to 232? That seems on the low end? I thought 80% was really good ie 250+

Members don't see this ad :)
getting 80% is only equal to 232? That seems on the low end? I thought 80% was really good ie 250+

You think getting 80% of the questions right on Step 1 = >250? Oh, honey, no. Haha.

The 80% you are probably thinking of is the % on Uworld, keep in mind that correlation is for people who did their FIRST RUN of uworld RANDOM/TIMED. (many times finished before dedicated study period)

The second run doesn't count as a correlation... cause you have seen/studied all the stuff before....
Also keep in mind when we do finish that first run random/timed before our dedicated study period... and we already got 80% on Uworld, it shows there is already a good foundation, AND THEN WE WILL BUILD ON THAT.

Thus showing how people who got 80% first run (which again was likely before their dedicated study period) end up with 250-260s but thats not cause they literally performed only 80% on their test. In fact it was a lot better because of the reasons i gave above.

Simply put, you getting a 56% on your first Uworld run and then getting an 80% second run, is not the same as a person who got that 80% on the first run. You can't expect within reason to score like they will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You think getting 80% of the questions right on Step 1 = >250? Oh, honey, no. Haha.

The 80% you are probably thinking of is the % on Uworld, keep in mind that correlation is for people who did their FIRST RUN of uworld RANDOM/TIMED. (many times finished before dedicated study period)

The second run doesn't count as a correlation... cause you have seen/studied all the stuff before.... Also keep in mind when we do finish that first run random/timed before our dedicated study period.....And well, if we already got 80% on Uworld before this study time, its of course showing you already we already good foundation, AND BUILT ON IT.

Thus showing how people who got 80% first run end up with 250-260s but thats not cause they literally performed only 80% on their test. In fact it was a lot better because of the reasons i gave above.

Simply put, you getting a 56% on your first Uworld run and then getting an 80% second run, is not the same as a person who got that 80% on the first run. You can't expect within reason to score like they will.

phew! Made my heart skip a beat... I didxn't think about the first and second run. My avg has been 80-85% on UWorld first pass but I did it by system. I plan to do it again random. Still- I suspect NBME is the best predictor.