[Q] Philippines School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jayson Jackson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello community, I am a new member here. I have a few questions to ask.
My Background:
I am a Filipino American living in California. I went to a vocational school to study to become a Pharmacy Technician. I completed the program in 2011 and received both my State License and the PTCB Certification. I would love to further my knowledge and education in this field and become a Pharmacist, hopefully. School is very expensive over here, so I am really wanting to study in Philippines. I have a few schools that I am considering on: Centro Escolar University (Manila with no family) and Cebu Doctors' University (some family nearby). I did research to figure out what schools have a PharmD program that is accredited here, that only being CEU.

I need opinions on what I should do. Go to Cebu Doctors' where some of my family is and hope to get into the PharmD program after receiving my BS? Or just go to CEU and see if a family member can stay with me? That's the problem, my parents don't want me by myself.
What about financial aid? FAFSA not applicable? And last but not least, how does the student loan work, can I use one here in California and use it over there for school and living costs?

Sorry for making it long. Every answer will be very appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Jayson

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody went to any of those schools? Or Our Lady of Fatima University?