Q from confused accepted student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CALFMAN

Reaction score
Hey squad—apologies if this is answered elsewhere, a bit of searching didn't come up with anything.

I was holding one acceptance prior to today, and am now fortunate to report that I have been accepted off the waitlist today at a school that I think I prefer, but would still like to evaluate a bit... how long do I have to turn down one acceptance? A few hours? Days?

Thanks for your insight all

Members don't see this ad.

Hey squad—apologies if this is answered elsewhere, a bit of searching didn't come up with anything.

I was holding one acceptance prior to today, and am now fortunate to report that I have been accepted off the waitlist today at a school that I think I prefer, but would still like to evaluate a bit... how long do I have to turn down one acceptance? A few hours? Days?

Check with the school to see how long you have to decide. And check with your other school to see how long they will allow you to hold another acceptance.

Read the offer letter word by word and if it doesn’t clue you in to a response timeline, call them for clarification. You still hold your first school unless you decide to change to the new one.

Members don't see this ad :)
It says 2 weeks.

But my first acceptance did not require me to PTE. Can they see I've been accepted elsewhere today? Were they notified?

They can see that you have another accept, but that's all.
This is 1,000,000% untrue. If you have not PTEd anywhere, neither school can see anything. They DO NOT see acceptances. They only see PTE/CTE.

You have as long as the new school has given you to make a decision. With respect to the first school, even though they are not requiring you to PTE, have they said anything about PTE at another school? If not, then you can hold both acceptances until the first CTE deadline, although it is rude to hold more than one any longer than absolutely necessary, since that is holding up someone else's WL call.

Reactions: 1 user
yer welcome