Q for 3 yr Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geometric-pain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is my first year with the HPSP and I was wondering how long it took for everything to go through. We started school already for the 2nd year and tuition is due. I did all I could in MODS but it says I am missing documents. I am still trying to get a hold of my recruiter but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. My question is this: should I just wait it out or continue to bang my head against this brick wall. Are there other people I can contact besides the people on MODS (who have not returned my phone calls either!)? Any help would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Geometric, looks like your school is having communication problem with HPSP. I don't think at this point the recruiter can do much for you. Once you've sworn in, ie "recruited," you are not a responsibility of the recruiter anymore. Supposedly, your school should bill all tuition expense directly to HPSP and get paid. I asked my financial aid office to be in contact with the HPSP themselves and not ask me to be the middle man. Relaying messages can get really frustrating and not necessarily helping much.

I would suggest you to introduce your HPSP program manager to the school FA office so whatever documents there may lacking can be identified and acquired. Tell them you are willing to help and stay in the loop but not be the messanger. Your job is to study, leave the job of asking money to someone else.