This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsta2304

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently Q-dropped genetics. I was taking 12 hours and dropped down to 9. This is my first drop and I did it because as of now, I have a 3.2 GPA. I transferred to UT Austin with my associates degree and a 3.7 GPA from a CC. I was probably going to get a C+ in genetics and is why I dropped it due to my current cumulative GPA. My question is regarding the application process. I am taking my DAT in January and will be applying in May. I know the classes I will take in the spring semester will go into the application, but will the summer classes i take also help my GPA? or since my application will already be sent out in May, will those summer classes not be considered or added onto the GPA i submitted in the application? And how do dental schools look at drops? I plan on retaking genetics in the spring by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

I took summer classes but I sent my transcript before the final grades were posted. Some schools inquired about my schedule and grades via email and I just send them my grades. They didn't even ask for a transcript.

Reactions: 1 user