Purchasing new equipment for practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eilat87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently joined a multi-specialty practice. Had some questions... We need new equipment.

1. What C-arm model would you guys recommend if you were purchasing today? I don't want to spend too much of the boss' money and don't need best of best. I'm currently looking at the GE OEC one and GE OEC elite Super C (because of the 55 degrees overscan for CLOs).
2. How hard is to set up an autoclave room? Where does the machine have to be located? I have never done this before. The practices I've been had that all set up so I never had to think twice about it.
3. Thinking about the neurotherm abbott machine. How many electrodes should I purchase to begin with? 6? Do one bilateral 2 level case, autoclave electrodes then rinse and repeat? Any thoughts?

Thanks all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Recently joined a multi-specialty practice. Had some questions... We need new equipment.

1. What C-arm model would you guys recommend if you were purchasing today? I don't want to spend too much of the boss' money and don't need best of best. I'm currently looking at the GE OEC one and GE OEC elite Super C (because of the 55 degrees overscan for CLOs).
2. How hard is to set up an autoclave room? Where does the machine have to be located? I have never done this before. The practices I've been had that all set up so I never had to think twice about it.
3. Thinking about the neurotherm abbott machine. How many electrodes should I purchase to begin with? 6? Do one bilateral 2 level case, autoclave electrodes then rinse and repeat? Any thoughts?

Thanks all in advance.
Believe OEC is most expensive, check on Phillips
a small autoclave machine just needs to be put in a room with a sink, nothing special
buy more electrodes than you think you need, staff has a tendency not to value them as much as we do while cleaning/sterilizing

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Thanks all in advance.
The super c is very nice. My hospital just bought 2 new ones for me. I think they were 220plus each. We are getting the MDT RF machine. They had a free machine with 30k purchase of probes and disposables.
number of probes depends on how busy you are obviously. I have about 30 total.

I would get as many probes as you use during your busiest RFA day, plus a backup or two in case one goes out or falls off sterile field. Autoclaving between cases isn't very reasonable unless your cases are spread out enough and you have the staff to do it.