PTCAS or College designated GRE codes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTdreamer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there people,

Another quick question... What difference does it make whether i have ETS send my GRE scores to the PTCAS code for my programs (which will then be forwarded to my schools by PTCAS) or directly to the school? I guess directly to the school is a better bet since it cuts out the middle man, which would be PTCAS here. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there people,

Another quick question... What difference does it make whether i have ETS send my GRE scores to the PTCAS code for my programs (which will then be forwarded to my schools by PTCAS) or directly to the school? I guess directly to the school is a better bet since it cuts out the middle man, which would be PTCAS here. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Each school has their own requirements. If you're told to have scores sent directly to the program, then do so. If the program takes the PTCAS verified scores, then there is no reason to send them scores directly.

So how do i get PTCAS to officially verify my scores? Sorry I'm a little confused here lol! HELP! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to ETS web site send scores using the code provided for each school on the PTCAS web site. ETS then will send your scores to PTCAS you can check the status on your app. However, some schools require just a general grad school GRE code in which case the scores go directly to the school

So lets say one of my programs wants me to send it to the PTCAS GRE code. PTCAS will then publish my scores on my profile after forwarding them to said school, making them official right? So for those schools that don't require a direct GRE code (I'll call and ask), they can just see my scores have been verified by PTCAS and i won't have to pay all that extra money to have them sent again, right?

All official score need to be sent to the schools. Some want it sent to the school some want it sent to ptcas. Either way your paying