PTCAS Achievements Section Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lydiles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I had a question regarding the PTCAS Achievements section.

So I've been on Dean's List for the last four years (8 semesters) of college, but I wasn't sure how to enter it on the Achievements section of the application. Do I need to put 8 separate entries entitled Dean's List or can I just put it once, and enter the years/time I received it in the description box?

Also, I received a scholarship during my undergraduate years, and I wanted to put that, but do I have to explain the terms I got it with and what I have to do to keep it during college, such as minimum GPA requirement, etc., in the description?

Just kind of wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about these.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I had a question regarding the PTCAS Achievements section.

So I've been on Dean's List for the last four years (8 semesters) of college, but I wasn't sure how to enter it on the Achievements section of the application. Do I need to put 8 separate entries entitled Dean's List or can I just put it once, and enter the years/time I received it in the description box?

Also, I received a scholarship during my undergraduate years, and I wanted to put that, but do I have to explain the terms I got it with and what I have to do to keep it during college, such as minimum GPA requirement, etc., in the description?

Just kind of wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about these.

Provide as much information as possible. I've been on the dean's and president's list at my university every semester, and I wrote each individually. I would also provide whatever information you have on the scholarship. If its information they don't need they will disregard it, otherwise I think its good to be as specific as possible.

Thank you very much for the information!

I would have to disagree. I also had dean's list every semester, but only listed in once. They're looking at lots of applications and I doubt they want to see "dean's list" 8 times. As long as you list the date from the first time you received it to the last, they will know.

For the scholarship, I would definitely mention it with a brief description (for the same reason listed above). Being concise is key when it comes to the application- they don't want fluff!