PTCAS Academic Update. Help me!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b33feater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is the situation i'm in. I'm currently a nutrition major and taking 15 hours. In 4 of my 5 classes, I am making solid A's and B+'s. In my nutrition "vitamins and minerals" class, I will most likely make a C. It sucks, but that is the situation. Do you guys recommend me just dropping this class and taking it next semester when I know I can make a better grade? Or should I continue to take the final and just take a C.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, drop it. A "W" on your transcript will hurt you a lot less than a C will affect your GPA. You need to remember that there is some objectivity in admissions and GPA is one of those areas.

That is a difficult decision to make. If I were in your situation, I would do everything in my power to raise that up to a B. However, if chances of that happening are slim I would personally drop the course and retake it. C's do not look good on a transcript, especially considering how competitive DPT programs are these days. With that being said, it is still your call, I would recommend speaking to an adviser. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so here is the situation i'm in. I'm currently a nutrition major and taking 15 hours. In 4 of my 5 classes, I am making solid A's and B+'s. In my nutrition "vitamins and minerals" class, I will most likely make a C. It sucks, but that is the situation. Do you guys recommend me just dropping this class and taking it next semester when I know I can make a better grade? Or should I continue to take the final and just take a C.

Thanks!

Have u started applying yet???

If you are certain that you'll likely end up with a C, drop the class ASAP. GPA is so hard to bring up and a C really takes a toll on cGPA. If and when you retake it though, you have to try to pull an A.

Make sure you'll get a W and not a WF!! At my school, if you were to drop now you'd get a WF which will hurt your GPA worse.

Yeah make sure it's before the add/drop deadline. If you can audit the class then do that. Looks far better on a transcript than a W does.